Information I Collect and How I Use It
1. What Personal Information Do I Collect?
* Information You Provide: Ad companies may receive and store information you enter in comment fields, not including personally identifiable information like your email address. Information such as your e-mail address is stored by me only to identify real users against spam-bots. I do not share or sell users’ e-mail addresses, nor do I use them for mailing lists.
* Cookies: Some ads may create cookies, a small bit of information stored on your computer. If you do not wish to receive cookies, check the help file for your internet browser for instructions on how to disable this feature.
* Shopping Transactions: Transactions for donations and shop purchases are conducted via Paypal. While I keep a record containing certain personally identifiable information and financial information, it is used only to process these orders. Personal and financial information of this nature is not used anywhere directly on Messenger-Comic.com.
2. How Do I Use Your Information?
Some third-party advertisers may use information you provide to choose what kinds of ads to display here. Usernames and e-mail addresses provided by commenting are used to identify real users and filter out spam-bot users.
As is true of most Web sites, I gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. Logged information about your computer, which does not identify individual users, is used to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about my user base as a whole. IP addresses are stored only temporarily and are used to gather a rough estimate of the total number of individual readers of the comic via the ComicRank service.
Communication From The Site
Communications from Messenger-Comic.com are optional and voluntary. When leaving a comment on the site, you may receive a message by email with confirmation of your post or notification that it will be read and moderated.
Users with forum accounts may also receive notifications about replies to topics they have participated in. These notifications are optional and can be turned off in the User Control Panel or by accessing a link provided in the email notification itself.
If you have any questions regarding this policy and the way information is used on Messenger-Comic.com, or if any of the ads displayed on this site are offensive or dangerous, please contact me immediately at bug [at] messenger-comic.com.